For more information on setting up your Water Suite, click here.
Follow the steps below to add your water monitoring locations to your Mapistry Site Map.
1. Open the Mapping Tool from the icon on the bottom left in the Navigation Bar
2. Find the location of your monitoring location and drop a marker at that location
💡 Tip: Use the Marker feature in the top right corner of your screen to drop a pointer on the map.
3. For each type of water medium (Stormwater, Wastewater, Groundwater, Mixed, Potable, Source/Influent, or Other) you want to add monitoring locations for, create a separate layer for each one. [Designating each layer's water medium will allow you to filter and view data by the different water medium(s) in Water Analytics]
- When you create the layer, check the box for "Layer contains discharge locations" and then specify the water medium type, and click save. Doing this will not only link it to your Water Suite settings for sampling results but also allow features on the layer to be tied to any fields in inspection forms that are linked to this designation
- Add your monitoring locations to the applicable layer, and name them uniquely
- Note: You may already have layers for monitoring points with the corresponding water medium designation on your map (ex: Discharge Locations: Stormwater and/or Discharge Locations: Wastewater like in the following screenshots)
- Never delete a Monitoring Point or monitoring location layers in the maps. Deleting a monitoring point also deletes all corresponding lab data uploaded to the point. If you wish to hide a point from the map you can use the hide icon
End of Article
If you have any questions regarding the Water Suite or need further assistance, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 553-7420 ext. 1.