Tip: You can download a template for your Log data upload here.
After your logs have been set up, users can bulk upload log data from spreadsheets using the log widget. To do this:
- Click on the three dots on the right corner of the log widget.
- A dropdown will appear. Select 'Bulk upload logs.'
- A pop-up will appear on your screen. At the top, you will see a green 'Upload data form file' button. Select this button and upload a .csv, .tsv, .xls, .xlsx, .xml, .txt spreadsheet with you log data.
- Select the sheet and press continue.
- Confirm if the sheet has headers.
- You will be taken to the 'Match' section. If everything matches correctly for a section, you will see a green check next to "All values pass validation for this field."
- If the system cannot automatically match a section, you can use the "Lookup matching fields" dropdown to match the section.
Note: if you are unable to find the corresponding section, you can ignore the column. Otherwise, you will need to add the section to the Log Settings.
- Once all sections match, click 'Review' at the bottom of the page.
- You will be taken to the 'Review' page. If anything is highlighted in red, there is a problem that needs to be addressed. Hover over the highlighted row/column with your curser to understand the issue.
- You can fix the issue by manually typing in the section or using the dropdown feature if available.
Note: Log time is recorded in military time and should not have am/pm written into the section.
- If everything looks good and all problems are resolved, click 'Continue.'
Tip: Refresh your page after you import log data. If you do not refresh, your log widget might not show as complete (depending on your filters).
You can view the data you uploaded in the 'View all logs' section. To learn more about logs, click here.
End of Article
If you have any questions or need further assistance, please e-mail email@example.com or call (800) 553-7420 ext. 1.
Please sign in to leave a comment.